Contribute to iTunes U
What kind of content are we looking for?
Consider the following when you are deciding whether your video or audio content would be a good candidate for submission to the university’s iTunes U site.
- Will it have broad general audience appeal?
- Does it have a message that appropriately reflects the mission of the university, your school, college or program?
- Does it represent the Wisconsin Idea in action?
- Does it represent the spirit of the University of Wisconsin-Madison?
- Does it fill a niche market by being one of the only places that a viewer or listener could access this information?
Think of your content in terms of a collection.
The organization of content in iTunesU parallels that of Apple’s iTunes store: media tracks are grouped into “albums” or collections, which are categorized under topics. When proposing content, you must propose it as a collections of audio or video tracks.
How to propose content?
If you think you have content that is appropriate for UW-Madison on iTunes U, please let us know about it by filling out a content proposal form. (You'll need a campus NetID to access the form; you'll also need to supply an AppleID which you will use for logging into the iTunes U Public Site Manager.)
After receiving your submission, University Communications will review it. If approved, we will set up your content page within UW-Madison on iTunes U and provide you instructions for managing your media files.
Featuring iTunes U content on your Web site
Every content collections in iTunes U has an associated unique URL that you can link to from the Web. To get this unique URL, right-click on the collections's album cover and select Copy Link from the pop-up menu.